Be the Change Group is an unconventional consulting and creative agency that brings together academics and creatives under one roof to address health equity issues and climate change, and improve social determinants of health. A mission-based, woman-owned, certified B Corp, we work with global innovators, problem solvers, and leaders in health + climate + education. Our revered and intimate culture emphasizes growth, mentorship, purpose, friendship, and fun.
If you are passionate and excited about health, education, climate, and anything that makes this world a better place, and believe in building happier and healthier communities, Be the Change Group is the company for you. We provide full-service support through the interdisciplinary integration of our three teams: the research and community engagement team, the strategy and communications team, and the design and development team. You’ll work with a group of committed human beings in a supportive and energizing environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that takes diversity and inclusion seriously. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (non-exhaustive list): ethnicity, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Our mission statement is simple. Do good things. Work with amazing people. Make communities healthy. Create lasting change.
Web Developer position:
As a web developer you will have the support of, and the opportunity to collaborate with, our design and development team. This position is best suited for someone whose finger is on the pulse of the latest web technologies, who is motivated to learn, and who can work really well with a team and independently. We offer flexible schedules, fun team activities, professional development funds, and more.
Here’s what we’re looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Skillset using latest frameworks (Next, React, React Native) as well as strong REST API foundations
- Strong knowledge of custom WordPress is a must, including building themes and plugins from scratch, troubleshooting, and maintaining existing sites, including bigger builds with different functionalities
- Good command of GitHub version control
- Following a few coding practices we have established, but freedom to build upon this base
- Attention to detail and design requirements
- Willingness to learn and constantly develop your skills
- You will likely attend client meetings and present your work and process, and carry out training, so good communication skills are a must.
- Bonus: a good understanding of UX/UI design methods
Please see a short list of some of the projects we have worked on in the past couple of years.
How to apply:
If this sounds like a good fit, get in touch with us!
Send the following to email@example.com using the email title “Web Developer Application”:
- GitHub handle
- your salary expectations
- and any projects you’d like to showcase (especially WordPress)
We look forward to hearing from you.
other open positions
company? And the
people behind it?