Be the Change Group Inc. is a well-established population and public health consulting firm in Vancouver, B.C. helping our clients create positive change in the health, education, and climate sectors.
We work with clients from a variety of organizations including municipalities, government bodies, and global organizations. Our clients include, but are not limited to the BCCDC, Interior Health, Islands Trust, Vancouver Coastal Health, GreenCare, the Public Health Agency of Canada, the BC Emergency Medicine Network, the Gulf States Health Policy Centre, and the United Nations.
We guarantee you won’t be bored.
As our Quantitative/Statistical Consultant, you will work with the Research team to advise on various aspects of research including: research design and methodology development, analysis plans, statistical analysis, and quality assurance/review.
You will join our consultant roster, and be brought on to work on various research projects. Please note: this is a contract project based position for future research projects in the population and public health discipline. Consistent hours are not guaranteed and are dependent on project needs.
- Assist in proposal writing, primarily methodology and research consideration sections
- Planning research activities and assisting in research design for a project and/or program
- Determining the most appropriate methodology to use in addressing identified research goals
- Designing data collection methods and standards
- Participate in reviewing current survey design and data collection methods, and assist in alignment of survey data structure into consistent format
- Conducting advanced analysis and interpretation of research results and providing support and guidance for the research team in conducting quantitative research
- Supporting, overseeing and/or conducting data collection activities
- Participating in the writing of research papers, the preparation of presentations, publications, and reports
Experience and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate would have at minimum a Master degree in public health, epidemiology, and/or statistics and/or data science, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a related field. PhD is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in working with large datasets, integration of data sets, and in working with data from organizations such as StatsCan and other sources
- Ability to analyze data using some or all of the following software, R, SPSS, STATA, and/or SAS is essential.
- Very good oral and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate statistical issues and methods to statisticians and non statisticians.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with deadline driven work in a consulting environment is preferred.
- Peer reviewed publications
- A demonstrated track-record of conducting relevant research, including topics pertaining to the social determinants of health, and marginalized populations an asset
- Experience in global health, including country level or regional assessments in developing countries, is an asset.
This is a consultant position. Hours will vary depending on the project.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- One page cover letter
- Sample of writing
- Sample methodology
- Hourly rate expectation
OTHER OPEN POSITIONS
Intermediate Communications Designer
Be the Change Group is looking for a skilled, passionate individual with a drive to improve the world by making positive community change through design. A bit about us and our clients Be the Change Group was founded because we saw the need to bring public and population health experts, researchers, and creative minds together […]