Be the Change Group is an unconventional consulting and creative agency that brings together academics and creatives under one roof to address health equity issues and climate change, and improve social determinants of health. A mission-based, woman-owned, certified B Corp, we work with global innovators, problem solvers, and leaders in health + climate + education. Our revered and intimate culture emphasizes growth, mentorship, purpose, friendship, and fun.
We envision that the individual who fills this position has an interest and drive to support a team in the many things that fall off others’ lists. Someone who loves to be organized, help others, and thrives as part of a social team that takes care of each other.
If you are passionate and excited about health, education, climate, and anything that makes this world a better place, and believe in building happier and healthier communities, Be the Change Group is the company for you. We provide full-service support through the interdisciplinary integration of our three teams: the research and community engagement team, the strategy and communications team, and the design and development team. You’ll work with a group of committed human beings in a supportive and energizing environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that takes diversity and inclusion seriously. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (non-exhaustive list): ethnicity, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Our mission statement is simple. Do good things. Work with amazing people. Make communities healthy. Create lasting change.
Minimum 20 hours, maximum 35. Shifts are flexible for your needs and ours.
Starting wage:$18 – $22/hr based on experience
Reports to: Office and Culture Lead
Application deadline: Until filled
- We are a population and public health consulting firm and all staff must be double vaccinated.
- This is an in-person position in Vancouver, B.C. and cannot be worked remotely.
- A valid BC Driver’s license
- Administrative training or diploma, or equivalence in work experience (1-3 years)
- Bookkeeping training or diploma, or equivalence in work experience (1-3 years)
- Intermediate level Mac, Google Suite, and Microsoft office skills
- English language proficiency
- Valid Full B.C. driver’s licence (Class 5 or higher)
- Ability to work in person at our Vancouver office
- Highly organized
- Resourceful and accountable
- Attention to detail is a must
- High standard of integrity and commitment to completing tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and learn quickly
What we need from you:
- Data entry in Quickbooks
- Posting transactions for bank accounts, credit cards, account receivable, accounts payable
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Preparing trial balances for year-end financial statement preparation
- Inputting consultant bills
- Physical and digital finance organization
- Ordering general office supplies and refilling snacks and refreshments
- Researching and ordering office improvements and equipment(acoustic panels, lighting, furniture, computers, etc.)
- Ordering and picking up (if required) catering for client meetings and food/drink for team events
- Running time sensitive errands (need for valid driver’s license)
- Scheduling through Calendly for hiring support
- Scheduling on Google calendar for team members when needed
- Office organization and cleaning assistance
- Liaising with suppliers such as our recycler and our cleaners
- Answering the phone for our very rare phone calls
- Assisting guests and clients access the building
- Printing and organizing documents and files
- Implementing and keeping up to date digital and physical filing systems and information, including but not limited to client database, consultant database, internal team CVs, archived project materials, etc.
- Assisting the President and CEO in tasks as needed
- Stepping in for the Office and Culture Lead when needed
- Assisting the Office and Culture lead in planning and executing team events and team professional development
- Assisting other teams with administrative based support when needed such as website data entry or creating spreadsheets.
- Experience with bookkeeping using QuickBooks specifically
- Experience with InDesign and/or other Adobe design software
- Experience copywriting/editing
- Have other bonus skills? Let us know 🙂
What’s in it for you?
- Being a part of an incredible team in our bright and modern office in the DTES complete with Mac systems and convertible standing desks
- Use of our building’s gym and office stretching room
- Secured bike storage, and option to rent a reserved parking spot in our private parking lot at an affordable price
- Health and wellness allowance plan
- Professional development fund for yourself, and team development through lunch and learns and workshops
- Flexibility and autonomy in your schedule
Do you think you would be a good fit? Email our Office and Culture lead at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ADMIN”.
Please include a cover letter and your CV, and tell us what makes you excited about this position.
Having a cover letter with some personality greatly improves your chances of a meet and greet!
other open positions
company? And the
people behind it?